Unwanted facial hair also called Hirsutism(in medical terms), can become a cause of embarrassment to some women. It is caused due to the use of certain medications, hormonal imbalance of the body, or adrenal gland disorders can cause unwanted facial hair. But in many cases overgrowth of facial hair is caused due to genetics.
Whatever might be the reason, it can give any women an unsightly look. Therefore, we have come up with an article to help women come out of unwanted facial hair problem without any side effects. Let us discuss them in detail.
Top home remedies for unwanted facial hair:-
1. Homemade Sugar Wax
This is one of the effective home remedies to get rid of unwanted facial hair. It is suitable for all skin types.
- Take a bowl to make a mixture by adding one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of sugar into it. Add a little water into it.
- Now, heat the mixture on a stove or in a microwave. Stir it well to dissolve the sugar until it bubbles, turns brown and becomes a sticky granular paste. Allow it to cool.
- Apply it on the areas where you want to remove the hair with the help of a spatula.
- Place a strip of cloth over the applied wax and smooth it out with your fingers in the direction of the hair growth. Rip it off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Repeat this process as you needed.
2. Egg white Mask
This recipe is the perfect way to get rid of unwanted hair works as a great natural peel-off mask. It is strongly sticks to your facial hairs and forms a thin film on your facial hair.
- Whisk one egg white and add one tablespoon of sugar as it adds to the stickiness’ of the mixture. Also add one-half tablespoon of corn flour as it gives a thick and smooth consistency, making depilation easier.
- Apply the mixture to your face, let it dry for 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Repeat the process twice or thrice a week.
The star bio-active enzyme found in papaya called ‘papain’, works as a natural bleach and helps lighten unwanted facial hair. It enlarges the hair follicle which inhibits the excess hair growth on your skin and it also helps naturally exfoliating the skin, by removing the dead cells.
- Take a raw papaya and extract the pulp from it. Add one-half teaspoon of turmeric powder into it.
- Gently massage your face with it and leave it on for 15- 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Do this once a week.
- Alternatively, you can also add one tablespoon of milk into one-half cup of papaya pulp. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off.
Potato is very effective for removing unwanted facial hair due to the high amount of catecholase in potatoes helps in lightening your skin tone. It also helps you to make your skin lighter.
- Take a potato, peel the skin off and mash it. Extract the juice from it.
- Also, add grind yellow lentil paste soaked in water overnight. Add the lemon juice and honey into it and mix them well.
- Apply this mixture on the areas where you have unwanted hair. Leave it for 30 minutes, until the paste completely dries out.
- Start rubbing your fingers over the dried paste to remove it and wash it off with water. You can do these one or two times a week.
Note: For encouraging results, it’s important to be patient and use these remedies twice or thrice in a week for at least one month.