There is nothing more attractive than a thick head of hair, but hair loss is a common woe for most people nowadays. There are various causes of hair loss- hormonal imbalance, illness, medications, environmental effects, excessive smoking, too much stress, use of wrong hair products and even a poor diet.
Going ayurvedic remedies is the best solution for healthy hair because it doesn’t have any side effects and results are long lasting. There are several freely available ayurvedic remedies for healthy hair at home. Let’s go ahead and check out the ayurvedic remedies that can treat with hair fall.
Bananas for healthy hair
As we know, Bananas contains high level of potassium, which help to promote hair growth and make your hair healthy.
1. Use a fork to mash one banana in a bowl.
2. Apply the mixture from root to tip.
3. Leave the mixture on for 15 minutes. Rinse it off with shampoo.
This treatment will cure dry and damaged hair and make your hair healthy.
Egg yolk treatment
Massaging the yellow portion of the egg on your scalp or a mixture of three egg yolks, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and three drops of Vitamin E can be a wonderful remedy to make your hair healthy. It makes your hair silky, smooth and softens.
1. Leave the mixture on hair for 10 minutes.
2. Rinse it off with water and mild shampoo.
3. Repeat the procedure at least once a week to ensure the best results.
This treatment will soften and condition your hair.
Indian Gooseberry (amla)
Indian Gooseberry(amla) is rich in Vitamin C that helps in boosting
natural and long hair growth. This is also a powerhouse of nutrients.
All you need to do is:
1. Take two tablespoon of amla powder and mix it with equal amount of lemon juice.
2. Apply this mixture into your scalp and massage gently.
3. You can directly use amla powder without adding lemon juice.
It is one of the most effective and oldest home remedy because it contains sulfur that boosts collagen production in the tissues and helps in the re-growth of the hair.
1. Take an onion and cut it into slices.
2. Squeeze out its juice either by mashing it or grating it.
3. Apply this into your scalp and massage gently for 10-15 minutes.
4. Rinse it off with mild shampoo.
Massaging to the scalp with warm oil is a very popular medication, which is important for soft and healthy hair. It is even effective at protecting the skin from sun damage. You can use coconut or olive oil for best results.
1. Massage your hair and scalp with warm oil.
2. Leave it on for at least an hour
3. Rinse it out thoroughly and wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
4. You can also leave the oil on your hair overnight and then shampoo your hair the next morning.
Following this procedure with the application of limejuice mixed with some vinegar can help you get rid of dandruff.
Mixture of amla powder and lime juice
Mixture of amla powder and lemon juice can be applied to the hair to help it grow stronger and have a fuller appearance.
1. Mix one tablespoon of amla powder and one tablespoon of lemon juice in a small container and shake to dissolve the powder.
2. Gently massage the mixture onto the roots of the hair and scalp.
3. Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing and shampooing.
A popular remedy is to rinse your hair with a little beer. Place beer into a spray bottle. Shampoo and lightly towel dry hair. Lightly spray beer into hair.
Believers in this remedy claim that beer has properties that can return the shine to your hair.
1. Take olive oil. Apply it on your hair.
2. Massage your scalp and hair with it.
3. Leave on for 30 minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
For best results, leave olive oil in hair overnight for additional conditioning. Olive oil will strengthen hair and prevent breakage.
Aloe Vera contains enzymes and its alkalizing properties help to
restore the pH level of the scalp which promotes hair growth and make
your hair healthy.
1. Take a leaf of aloe Vera; squeeze it to get aloe Vera gel it out.
2. Apply it into the scalp and hair.
3. Leave it for 45 minutes and rinse it off with plenty of water.
Aloe Vera is also an effective remedy to fight even against dandruff.
1. Soak two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds overnight.
2. Then ground the seeds into a fine paste in the morning and apply over the scalp.
3. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash thoroughly.
This is a highly effective remedy to remove dandruff.