Dry and chapped lips are an extremely common problem. It can not only make your lips look unattractive but may also cause a lot of discomfort and pain. But worry not, we will tell you the secret of successful dry and chapped lips that make your lips soft and smooth.
The common reasons for dry and chapped lips are dehydration; smoking, drinking, excessive exposure to the sun, allergies to specific medications, etc. But, one of the biggest causes behind dry and chapped lips is dehydration. So you have to keep drinking enough water.
The soft and delicate lips need special care and protection. Here are some natural home remedies that make your lips soft and beautiful.
Top Home Remedies for Dry and Chapped Lips
Honey is popularly used for the treatment of chapped and dry lips due to the immense nourishing properties of honey. It also helps to protect the lips from pollutants and irritants.
- Simply apply pure organic honey on your chapped lips in the evening before going to bed. Wash it off early in the morning. Use this remedy several times a day.
Rose water can also help those suffering from chapped lips. It helps your lips to stay moisturized and nourished and also help enhances their natural color. It helps to add a healthy pink color to lips.
- You can use both rose petals and rose water for this. Take a cotton ball and dip it into rose water and apply it on your lips.
- Alternatively, wash a handful of rose petals thoroughly in water. Soak the clean petals in milk for a few hours. To make a thick paste mashes the rose petals and applies the paste on your dry lips two to three times a day as well as every night before going to bed.
This is one of the fast working remedies for chapped lips. Cucumber has healing properties that can help your lips stay hydrated. It relieves dryness, reduces irritation, and moisturizes your lips.
- Place cold cucumber slices on your lips for 10-15 minutes. Apply this remedy 2-3 times a day.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel is a natural moisturizer that can help heal chapped lips caused by seasonal weather changes. It has healing qualities that help relieve dryness and pain.
- Apply aloe vera gel daily on your lips will make your lips soft and supple.
Olive oil is one of the very popular remedies for dry and chapped lips. It has anti-oxidant property, which helps to remove toxins, and imparts plenty of moisture.
- An overnight olive oil mask can help to resolve a chapped lip problem.
Coconut oil acts as an excellent antibacterial agent that gently exfoliates the lips and nourishes it. It is a natural moisturizer maintains moisture in the lips and keeps it wrinkle free.
- Simply apply pure coconut oil several times a day on your lips to keep them moisturized.
Sugar acts as a natural scrub and also helps to impart moisture to the lips within. It helps to break down the dead skin cells and rejuvenate fresh pink tissues. Natural brown sugar or sugar both can act as a natural scrub to give a boost to lips resulting in restores their natural softness faster.
- Make a paste by simply adding 2 teaspoons of sugar with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Apply the paste on your lips by using your finger, allow it to set and gently rub the mixture on your lips to loosen the dead skin cells.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Green tea works amazingly to heal chapped lips. It is loaded with antioxidants which nourish and moisturize your lips. It helps hydrate your skin and prevent cracking or dryness due to tannins present in it.
- All you have to do is take one used green tea bag and simply place it on your lips for a few minutes.
You can see visible changes after the first use.
It can be a great natural lip moisturizer due to its high-fat content.
- Simply, apply fresh milk cream on your lips and leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy daily until you see the results.
I hope you found this article helpful, make sure to leave down your thoughts in the comment section below.