The parents are always worried about the good health of the baby and all the steps taken by the parents to do the best for the baby. One of these steps is alkaline water. So being the parents, it becomes necessary to know all the health associated aspects of alkaline water. Let’s take a closer look:
Hazards of Tap Water
The tap water is never considered safe as it is contains different dissolved elements that influence its pH level. As we know that pure water has a pH level close to 7 and alkaline water has a pH above 7. The tap water comprises of chemicals, bacteria, chlorine, fluoride, heavy metals etc. There are many effects of these particles on the health of the babies:
- Chlorine water has harmful effects for baby as it could lead to respiratory issues like skin irritation, asthma, no development in the brain, skull etc.
- Same as Chlorine water, heavy metal is extremely harmful as the quick development in the baby, can be interrupted by the toxins which are found in the heavy metals. It can affect the nervous system and diminishing memory.
What is alkaline water?
Alkaline water is water which has more than 7 as a pH level. It is less acidic than regular tap water. Alkaline is also termed as ionized water and rich in alkalizing compounds, including calcium, potassium, magnesium, bicarbonate and silica. This water helps in balancing the body’s pH level.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Alkaline Water?
Alkaline water is trending nowadays and considered much safer than the public tap water. There are many health benefits by consuming the alkaline water and few of them are listed below:
- It helps in reducing the number of diseases associated with bone disintegration, arthritis, osteoporosis etc.
- Drinking alkaline water will help to restore the lost minerals like calcium in the drinking water.
- It lowers the chances of kidney stones.
- It is oxygen rich. It increases the amount of dissolved oxygen in the blood.
- It improves the blood flow as can control the pH degree in the body.
- It helps to boost the immune system of the baby.
- Alkaline water offers proper hydration than the regular water.
- It helps to neutralize the free radicals. Therefore it reduces the risk of contracting cancer
- It even helps in the protection of the hair and skin from dryness.
- It helps in the prevention of dehydration.
Is Alkaline Water Safe For Babies?
Alkaline water may offer several health benefits for your baby. But how safe it is to be given to the babies? Let us find out:
- Consult a doctor prior to offering the alkaline water.
- Offer alkaline water only up to six months age of baby.
- Avoid giving your baby alkaline water 30-45 minutes before and after meals.
- It is best to never using alkaline water mixed with the formula milk or any other baby foods, and stick to use filtered water.
How Much Alkaline Water Can Be Given To baby?
Babies of six to twelve months, one or two ounces of alkaline water are considered to be safe.
Now you know all about alkaline water for babies. Why wait? Go ahead and enlighten others.