Infertility or sterility is a condition when women are unable to conceive a child after at least one year of unprotected, regular, well-timed intercourse.
Women’s fertility can be affected by various health problems, such as (PCOS) polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, uterine fibroids, anemia, thyroid problems, blocked Fallopian tubes, Candida and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
Other factors can also increase a woman’s risk of infertility such as excessive smoking or alcohol consumption, age (older than 35), obesity, excessive stress, a poor diet and most common is having of painful or irregular menstrual cycle.
There are some Ayurvedic treatments that can help to fight the root cause of infertility and increase your chances of getting pregnant. Regular exercise and following a healthy diet can also help in getting pregnant.
Here are the top best home remedies for female sterility.
Ashwagandha, also called Indian ginseng, is very helpful to treat
many problems associated with menstruation. This herb is very effective
in maintaining hormonal balance and promoting the proper functioning of
the reproductive system. It also helps tone the uterus for those who
have recurrent miscarriages.
Also, this herb helps to reduce your stress level.
1. Take one tablespoon of Ashwagandha powder and one tablespoon of honey.
2. Mix it well into a glass of warm water.
3. Drink it twice daily.
Note: Due to possible side effects, it is recommended to use this herb under medical supervision.
Pomegranate helps boost ability to conceive in women. It helps
increase blood flow to the uterus. It also increases thickens the
uterine lining to reduce the chance of miscarriage. In addition, it
promotes healthy development of the fetus.
1. Mix equal amounts of finely powdered pomegranate seeds and bark.
2. Store it in an airtight jar.
3. Take ½ tablespoon of this mixture with a glass of warm water twice daily for a few weeks.
4. You can also eat fresh pomegranate fruit and drink pomegranate juice.
Dates contain several nutrients that can help to boost fertility in
women. They are rich in vitamins A, B and E as well as iron and other
minerals that are essential for a woman to conceive and to carry a child
through a full-term pregnancy.
1. Grind 10-15 dates (without the seeds) with 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander root to make a mixture.
2. Add ¾ cup of cow’s milk to the mixture and boil it for some time.
3. Allow it to cool before drinking it.
4. Drink this mixture once daily for a week from the date of your last period.
5. Eat 6-7 dates daily.
4. Maca Root
Another effective herb that can treat infertility in both women and
men is the Maca root. This herb boosts normal hormone production.
It is also a good source of different nutrients that boost fertility.
1. Mix ¼ to ½ tablespoon of Maca root powder in a cup of lukewarm water or milk.
2. Drink this mixture once daily for a few months.
3. You can also add Maca root powder into your breakfast.
4. Another way is to take a Maca root supplement, but only after consulting your doctor.
Note: Do not take this herb during pregnancy.